Top 10 Tips to Win a DV Green Card

9. Education or Work Experience

You must have the equivalent of a US High School education — a twelve-year course completed in the US or successful completion of a formal 12-year education elsewhere.

If schooling took less than or more than twelve years, you are still eligible if it is comparable to a US education. A high school equivalency exam is not sufficient.

If you have worked at least two years of the last five years in one of the eligible fields, you may claim work experience.